PRINCE2® is a structured, process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable methodology for the management of all types of projects. It is published by the Office of Government and Commerce (OGC) and is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is also used extensively in more than 150 countries worldwide with in excess of 20,000 organizations already benefiting from its powerful approach. Since July 2013, PRINCE2® has been owned by AXELOS , a joint venture between Capita and the UK Cabinet office.
- What a project is, how it fits within a project/program portfolio and how it differs from portfolios and programs.
- How the PRINCE2 structured approach can lower risk and increase the likelihood of project success
- An understanding of the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes, techniques and management products and how they work together
- How to tailor PRINCE2 to best meet your project needs, including how to use it in conjunction with PMI’s PMBOK
- An understanding of the PRINCE2 approach to both Foundation and Practitioner level to enable you to take and pass the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
What you will learn:
• Understand the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management.
• Apply the principles, themes and process structure of PRINCE2 within a work environment.
• Operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured project management environment.
• Understand the PRINCE2 method at the Foundation and Practitioner levels.
• Prepare for and take the Foundation and Practitioner exams (Note: Delegates must take and pass the Foundation exam prior to taking the Practitioner exam)
- Getting Started
- · Introduction to PRINCE2
- · PRINCE2 Principles
- · PRINCE2 Themes
- · Business Case
- · Organization
- · Quality
- · Plans
- · Risk
- · Change
- · Progress
- · PRINCE2 Processes
- · Tailoring PRINCE2 to the project environment
- · PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Preparation
About the Foundation Exam
- 1 hour Closed Book Exam
- 75 multiple-choice style questions
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
About the Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hours Open Book Exam (Prince2 manual only)
- Multiple-choice questions
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question
- 44 marks required to pass – 55%
The event is suitable for project managers, project support, team members, and managers from any discipline. Senior managers will also benefit from understanding their critical role in the success of the project and how PRINCE2’s focus on the business case, allows consistent delivery of business benefits. The PRINCE2 method is flexible and adaptable for any type and size of project, and offers an excellent management foundation for any member of staff; no prior experience is necessary.